Go to page content

Educated within the EU/EEA in a profession requiring medical license

If you have been educated within the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for Swedish (or alternatively, Norwegian or Danish), Region Skåne can support you in applying for a Swedish medical license.

Applications for Swedish medical licenses are made via the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare. Follow the instructions on the Board’s website.

Language requirements

In order to work within the Swedish medical health care profession, you must have good Swedish language skills. Equivalent skills in Danish and Norwegian are also acceptable.

The Swedish language in the health care profession

Last updated: 6 October 2023

Did you find the information on this page helpful?