If You are Unhappy with Your Care

If you have views on or complaints about the care that you or a person close to you have been given, there are several ways for you to make them heard.

In the first instance, turn to the clinic where you were treated. You can also contact the Patients’ Advisory Committee, or report an incident to the Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO).

If you are not happy with the explanation offered to you by care staff, you can turn to the operations manager of the care centre, hospital or clinic. You have the right to receive a written response to your complaint if requested.

1177.se – If You’re Unhappy with Your Care

You can lodge complaints and views concerning anything from minor problems to serious situations that have led to permanent injury or death. By giving your views, you are contributing to safer health care.

Get Help from the Patients’ Advisory Committee 

If you don’t want to contact your care provider, you can turn to the Patients’ Advisory Committee, which is completely separate from the health care system.

Patients’ Advisory Committee is intended for those who have complaints, views or questions about health care, municipal care and dental services in Skåne.

When you contact the Patients’ Advisory Committee, they appoint an official to help and support you. If you want to, you can be anonymous.

The Patients’ Advisory Committee  does not judge whether or not care staff have done anything wrong; this is a matter for the person responsible for the operation in question.

Different Ways of Getting in Touch

You can use e-service My Care Contacts to contact the Patients’ Advisory Committee . You can also contact the Patients’ Advisory Committee  via mail, email or telephone. If you choose to use email, remember not to include your personal details or other classified information.

Thank you for contacting us, we've received your feedback