About Region Skåne
We are responsible for social and medical care, public transport, business sector development, culture, infrastructure, social planning as well as environmental and climate issues in Skåne.
We work on behalf of our residents. If you are living in Skåne, you get to vote in the elections every four years to decide which political parties will set the direction and development of Region Skåne. You also pay county council taxes which provide the main funding for Region Skåne’s operations.
On any given day…
- 40 children are born in Skåne
- 10,103 Skåne residents consult a doctor
- 15,490 consult another healthcare professional
- 462,000 journeys are made on Skånetrafiken’s buses and trains
- Skåne gains 42 more residents
(Annual Report 2019)