About Region Skåne
We are responsible for social and medical care, public transport, business sector development, culture, infrastructure, social planning as well as environmental and climate issues in Skåne.
We work on behalf of our residents. If you are living in Skåne, you get to vote in the elections every four years to decide which political parties will set the direction and development of Region Skåne. You also pay county council taxes which provide the main funding for Region Skåne’s operations.
On an average day…
- 40 children are born in Skåne
- 25,500 visits are made to the health service
- Around 462,000 journeys are made with Skånetrafiken’s buses and trains
- 76,000 laboratory analyses are carried out
- 800,000 m2 of care facilities are cleaned
- 940 people see a show
- We get 42 more Skåne residents