Our research and our researchers
Research is carried out in several program areas. We at the CPF place a specific focus on research areas that are particularly important for patients in primary care and primary care’s activities.
- Psychological disorders (socioeconomic status, migration, family environment, neighbourhoods)
- Mindfulness and compassion
- Welfare diseases, diabetes, medical epidemiology, and genetic epidemiology
- Cardiovascular diseases (heredity, lifestyle, migration, the environment)
- Migration and neighborhoods
- Infectious diseases in primary care, multiple diseases, diseases among the elderly
- Experimental research (microRNA, cancer)
- Heredity, family factors, area of living, comorbidity and cancer
- Research methods in family medicine and research on quality aspects of medical education
- Public health science and social epidemiology
- Health economy, organization of health care, and evaluation of health and medical programs
A total of 21 research leaders are working at the CPF. Several of them are presented here together with some of our researchers.